A simple, straightforward guide that will benefit all churches of all denominations.
In non-technical language this provides a basic guide to:
• Managing money and budgets
• Controlling your expenditure
• Ways of increasing income, from stewardship to social events
• How to address falling numbers and falling income
• Identifying ways to raise income from outside sources
• Getting the best prices for utilities and other services, group purchasing schemes etc.
It is illustrated with real examples from churches of all sizes and in all states of financial health.
Maggie Durran was formerly Historic Churches Project Officer for English Heritage and the Diocese of London where she helped local churches to raise a total of £10 million. She leads workshops on regenerating churches and writes a regular column in the Church Times. One of the first women to be ordained in the Church of England, she is the author of 14 books on all-age worship. She lives in Oxfordshire.