I'm the fundraising officer for Women's Aid, the national charity working to
end domestic violence. We're considering starting a patrons programme. Do
any of you have patrons or have ever considered having patrons? If so I'd be
grateful if you could spend some time looking over the following questions.
Once I've got answers in, I hope to put together a summary of these and send
it back to all respondents, for your information.
* Do you use a job description and do you fit this to different roles
for use of patrons?
* How do you enlist patrons( percentage of warm/ cold contacts)?
* Do you recruit patrons en masse or one by one?
* Do you have a set of guidelines to use for patrons?
* How often do you use your patrons?
* Do your patrons have a "shelf life" and if so do you rotate them?
* Do you have events/ meetings specifically for patrons to meet?
* How much do patrons cost the charity?
* In what ways do patrons get involved in the work of the charity- are
they funders or involved in management decisions( board members etc)?
* How strict are you in screening potential patrons ( ethical
compatibility and history of potential patron)?
Thanks a lot for your time and help, I look forward to hearing from you!
Women's Aid Federation of England
Tel: 0117 944 4411
Fax: 0117 924 1703
Direct Line: 0117 983 7133 firstname.lastname@example.org