Multi-channel retailer Screwfix has generated over £10,000 in four months for the prostate and testicular appeal, Everyman, set up by The Institute of Cancer Research. The sum was raised by customers who donated their 'spare change' 50,000 times via Pennies, the microdonation service.
Screwfix added the Pennies option to its website, letting customers round up their total order to the nearest pound, with the additional pennies being donated to the Everyman appeal and other UK charities.
John Mewett, marketing director at Screwfix, said: "The initiative is a really simple and sustainable way to offer our ongoing support to Everyman and our customers have really embraced the concept as nearly 4,000 customers are rounding up their purchases each week, bringing in more than £800 to the charity."
Screwfix has been working with Everyman since 2009.
Everyman receives 75% of donations. The remaining 25% will be shared amongst other UK charities, including Shelter, Together for Short Lives and the Children’s Burns Trust.