Relevant to any organisation wishing to use MapPoint (2004, 2006 or 2009 versions) to analyse and visualise the geography of their volunteer base or other aspects of geography.
MapPoint is a very powerful, low-cost Microsoft product and anyone who is Excel-savvy will enjoy using it …but we find that many of the people who buy it haven’t used mapping and demographic analysis software before, and often don’t get the best from this package. Aricia can teach you how to use this cost-effective mapping software with our one-day MapPoint Training for Demographic Analysis.
The format of this workshop is a combination of presentations and exercises, and topics covered include:
* Moving around the map
* Importing data into MapPoint
* Working with “pushpins” (spots on maps)
* Density shading
* Setting up your own regions as territories
* Presenting and sharing your maps
* Creating graphs and pie charts on maps
* Creating drivetime zones (= contours of equal time from a point)
* Exporting data
The workshop is accompanied by training material which participants will be able to take back into their organisation.