'I learned a huge amount from Alan, Giles and Ken. It was, truly, a turning point for me, and I have been able to be much a more effective trustee as a result of the course. I am now working with Alan, Giles and Ken on a programme for the whole board which I hope will revolutionise our approach to fundraising as a team.'
Patricia Stafford, Trustee, Guide Dogs for the Blind
Whether you’re a charity CEO or the trustee of a not-for-profit organisation you won’t want to miss one of the most eagerly anticipated events this Autumn.
The Fundraising Academy for CEOs and Trustees is a high-level, intensive two-day laboratory designed for charity leaders and board members who want to so excel in fundraising that they transform the very organisations and causes that they represent.
This pioneering initiative, brought to you by Ken Burnett, Alan Clayton and Giles Pegram CBE will address the difficult questions that every charity board should be asking:
• Mission. The time is right to transform the board’s approach to fundraising. So, how can we develop our capacity and possibilities?
• The fundraising paradox. Is fundraising just a means to an end, or is it central to our cause? And does it matter, if we want to make the most of our potential?
• Investment. How much should we invest in fundraising? How do we monitor results and maximise return? What should our policy be about risk? What
should our policy be about failure? How do we ensure success?
• Make or break. What three top criteria should we look for in our fundraising strategy? What three essential qualities should we look for in our head of fundraising?
• Governance. What 10 searching questions should we be asking of our head of fundraising?
• Risk. What should our fundraising mix be? How can we assess what will work, and what won’t?
There will be a lot more of course. By the end of the two days you’ll come away with an in-depth understanding ofhow you can transform your organisation’s fundraising and the role your board plays in it. Particular attention is given to helping you assess the more complex areas requiring investment decisions.
Who should attend?
• Trustees and CEOs – together if possible.
• Fundraising Directors and their CEOs/Finance Directors.
• Any trustee or CEO who’s not satisfied with current fundraising performance.
• Trustees or CEOs who have never been exposed to fundraising decision making before.
• Trustees or CEOs who find they need to make decisions regarding long-term fundraising investment.
• Trustees or CEOs who wish to better understand fundraising’s potential for transformational change.
• Trustees or CEOs looking to create large-scale expansion of fundraising programmes.
• CEOs and Finance Directors looking to create large-scale expansion of fundraising programmes.
What will you get out of the course?
• Wow moments! You’ll enjoy some startling and unique insights into how fundraising can transform your cause.
• You’ll learn how all the different types of fundraising fit together.
• You’ll come away with an increased ability to make decisions regarding fundraising investment and returns.
• You’ll gain skills in how to manage and support the fundraising director and the fundraising function.
• You’ll gain a vision of how your board can aspire higher and be better, and enjoy coming to meetings.
• You’ll know ten questions you should be asking your fundraising director or staff.