Ultra high net worth (UHNW) prospecting and intelligence specialists Wealth-X has published the second annual edition of its World Ultra Wealth-Report.
The report considers only individuals with a net worth of US $30 million or more.
• There are now 187,380 people in the ultra wealthy bracket, an increase of 0.6% over the previous year. Their combined wealth, however, shrank by 1.8% to US$25.8 trillion.
• Their total wealth still surpasses the combined GDP of the USA and China by US$3.5 trillion.
• There are now 2,160 billionaires in the world, an increase of 9.4%. Their combined wealth has grown by 14% to US$6.2 trillion.
• There are 53,440 ultra wealthy people, a drop of 1.9%.
• They have a combined wealth of $6.95 trillion, a drop of 2.7%
• In the UK, there are 10,515 ultra high net worth individuals.
• They have a combined wealth of $1.325 trillion, a rise of 3.7%.
• There are 140 individuals with a wealth of at least $1 billion, and 5,490 with a wealth of between $30 million to $49 million.
The report also includes other more detailed information, including a state-by-state analysis in the USA, with California at the top of the league, and New York leading as the city with the highest number of ultra wealthy people.